Monday, July 4, 2011

Welcome, Mini-Bio, Directory and What to Expect

Hey, all! Friends from the internet, art communities, real life or a combination of all three! :D I'm MessengerOfDreams, and/or Cameron Johnson, and I've made it my mission to master all forms of art.

First, a bit of why I love art so much.

You see, as most people will believe, there is a god, and he created the earth. I like to believe that art is a small sample of the power of creation God gave to us. I mean, think about it. For example, when we create stories, we create universes, people, ideas, theories, atmospheres, and situations. When we create music, we are creating all new sounds to hear, something that can be found absolutely nowhere else- the things you can do with music are truly endless. When you create art, whether in paintings, photography, or in digital art, you're creating new sights to see or taking what we already see and take as mundane and bringing new life to it. If that's not a power of creation, I don't know what is.

Anyway, I wanted to welcome you here, and link you to all my art!

DeviantArt- My digital art!

The digital art is one of my more recent endeavors! I discovered the miraculous SumoPaint and have just gone stark raving mad with it. Only about 6 or so pieces at the moment but more being added as often as ever!

Facebook-My Photography!

This is pretty much the only place you'll find all my good photography, especially with my annoying history of computers flipping me the bird. :3 Not sure if you can access it- you should, but let me know if you can't!

Photography was one of the two things I have done the longest. I started with a camera phone going throughout my beautiful hometown, and after my first good picture of Century Theater in November of 2008, I did it all the time. I've been somewhat on hiatus since I've just recently gotten a hold of a camera again, but I should be cranking 'em out soon! :D

Most of my photography is of the architecture, transportation and nature of my hometown of Portland, and it pretty much always has been.

Writing- Fanfiction.net

Writing-Runouw.com

The majority of my writing is on Fanfiction, whether they're fanfiction-y or not (some of them are double entende stories- fanfics and original works- sort of an internal process, really.) And really, I think I've improved from my original days.

I started writing in fifth grade. True, my pieces back then would probably be utter crap now, but hey, I was ten, and pardon my bragging, but the top of the class at writing. During a year and a half period living in the hinterlands of Idaho I picked it up again, creating cohesive (if still not incredible) works in the ages of 12-13. One of those ideas has remained with me to this day, my first complete idea ever, Daily. (In the Runouw.com link, way down there. :3)

When I was 15, December 09, on my native site of Runouw.com, a writing trend started and I was inspired to make my own piece. I finished my first novel, a novel that isn't really that impressive now but still endearing, The Runouw Connection. (That's right, us here at Runouw.com have created a trend of work based off of the people/thematics of the site. :3) And I wrote some pretty good work between December of 09- November of 10, when I dropped off awhile.

Enter Fanfiction. After giving in and checking out some work there despite my stereotypical (insulting in retrospect) expectations, I was amazed by the quality of work and in March of 11, wrote my first fanfic. I've written 25+ since; the stories, the ideas and the amazing people have helped me rekindle my passion, and I haven't stopped! :D

Most of my work has a bit of a emotional/philosophical edge, and I'm composing a group of short stories that I could possibly use in the real world. ;) I recommend Beautiful Imperfections, Paradigms and the stories in the Romance Commission.

Youtube-My Video/Music projects

At the moment, my video capabilities are limited to a screen recorder, but I've been able to make a pretty cool trailer for my friend Runouw's flash game, Last Legacy, using my other friend Stupendous Jimbo's compositions. Also, little known to most of you, I've started composing music in the last week! Sure, I'm an amateur, but I think I've gotten a decent start. Check it out!

Home Base-Runouw.com

This here, my flash game maker friend's website, has become a tightknit community of amazing artists, gamers and people, and is basically my launch pad for most of my ideas and a good way to get to know me. :P Just look for stuff by MessengerOfDreams- you may find stuff not even on my other sites! :D

Well, that's enough about my stuff. Now about... my blogging stuff. Really, I just want to jot down what to expect.

First look at ideas- basically me bouncing them off onto you.
My opinion on art, whether mainstream or little known.
Top 10 (or more) lists. I LOVE Top 10 lists.
Considering a Friday update letter. :3
Whatever the hell I feel like otherwise! :D

Well, thanks for bearing with my Me Trip! I hope you enjoy and stick around, friends!

MoD

No comments:

Post a Comment